Skip to main content

30 posts tagged with "Meeting"

View All Tags

  • Ajay
  • Mandeep
  • Morgan
  • Nick
  • Paul
  • Shraddha

Agenda

General discussion

Outreachy

The Outreachy applicants had the opportunity to share with others their experience so far with the Enarx project: what they learned and what challenges they faced.

Results for the Outreachy program will be published next Monday (22nd), but Nick reassured everyone that, independent of the results, he would like to continue working with them.

A new group of WebAssembly enthusiasts is being formed at wasm.builders and Nick suggested for each one to publish their WebAssembly tutorials there for visibility. This will help them to build their portfolio and will open new opportunities.

  • Mike
  • Nick

Agenda

General discussion

New Enarx.dev Website

Enarx's new website continues evolving. We added a Resources section, where users can filter for different resources: articles, blog posts, events, meetings, podcasts, and releases. The homepage now highlights Docs, Resources, GitHub, Meetings, Events, and Chat. The documentation has been updated and there were various fixes. Next steps include implementing search and developing a better deployment workflow.

https://enarx.dev/

Outreachy

The Enarx project received 10 Outreachy applicants, of which 9 were able to successfully complete the first task this past month. Looking at the work developed by these 9 applicants, we are considering 3 strong candidates for an internship. The WebAssembly tutorials developed by these applicants are available at:

https://github.com/enarx/outreachy

Events

Mike and Nick discussed several upcoming events:

Cloud Security Alliance

RSA-C NA 2022

  • Dates: 2022-02-07
  • Proposal submitted.

OC3

FOSDEM

Privacy-Enhancing Technology Summit Europe

Privacy-Enhancing Technology Summit USA

  • Nick
  • Penglin
  • Shaun

Agenda

General discussion

New Enarx.dev Website

Nick introduced Enarx's new website with a focus on documentation.

https://enarx.dev/

The website uses Docusaurus with support for markdown, versioning, and i18n. It provides a single-page application, leveraging the full power of React:

https://docusaurus.io/

Outreachy

Nick gave an update on the Outreachy program. After a brief introduction to Confidential Computing and Enarx, the focus has been on understanding WebAssembly and building the first demos. Applicants developed some examples of running WebAssembly "inside" the browser and "outside." The reason is because when starting out with WebAssembly, it's not obvious that you can have it run standalone. Most examples (in the Internet) in fact target the browser. There are also examples of embedding into other programming languages. Some applicants had to redo their work, so that took some time.

https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/15

https://www.outreachy.org/

Events

Cloud Security Alliance

Rolling CFP till 2021-December-31. Let's create a proposal in October/November.

https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/6e04faab-fd38-4df4-b2a3-2e2780b7c24b

  • Ben
  • Kira
  • Mandeep
  • Mike
  • Nick
  • Penglin
  • Shaun

Agenda

General discussion

Outreachy

We welcomed our first Outreachy applicants. Kira and Mandeep were on the call and shared more about themselves

https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/15

https://www.outreachy.org/

Introducing Penglin

Penglin was also on the Outreach call and introduced himself to Ben and Shaun for the first time.

Events

Cloud Security Alliance

Rolling CFP till 2021-December-31. Let's create a proposal in October/November.

https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/6e04faab-fd38-4df4-b2a3-2e2780b7c24b

  • axel
  • Ben
  • Mike
  • Nick
  • Shaun

Agenda

General discussion

Blog

Enarx's Blog is now live. Nick is coordinating with Ashley and the Linux Foundation to configure DNS for blog.enarx.dev. First post about the New Custodian was published yesterday at:

https://enarx.ghost.io/

Enarx Keeploader

As we are getting ready for our first release, Nathaniel has recommended that we give more visibility to enarx-keepldr. We also heard feedback from new users who couldn't find their way around running enarx just by looking at the current enarx/enarx github repo. That's because there is no actual enarx code there, just documentation. So the proposal is to move the enarx/enarx-keepldr code to enarx/enarx, and keep the documentation on enarx/enarx under the wiki. Here's a brief action plan:

  1. Move keepldr code to enarx/enarx (maintains git history)
  2. Remove docs folder from enarx/enarx, and move it to the wiki
  3. Move keepldr wiki (2 pages) to enarx/enarx wiki
  4. Transfer keepldr issues to enarx/enarx
  5. Transfer enarx/enarx non-code issues to enarx/outreach
  6. PRs can still get merged across repos (from keepldr to enarx/enarx)

Vulnerability Disclosure and Embargo Policy

The CCC has again urgently requested that all CCC projects have a disclosure policy. I sent a PR to adopt the Vulnerability Disclosure and Embargo Policy proposed by axel:

https://github.com/enarx/rfcs/tree/master/00002-vulnerability-disclosure-and-embargo-policy

CCC

The TAC has approved Enarx and other CCC projects to be part of the Outreachy program. Besides the benefits of the program itself, another benefit is bringing the CCC projects closer together to collaborate and grow their communities.

Outreachy

The Outreachy community application deadline was extended to October 6. Nick and Ashley already filled out the application.

https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/15

https://www.outreachy.org/

Hacktoberfest

Hacktoberfest's website is now live. We are aiming to build simple demos on top of Enarx.

https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/14

https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

Events

Open Source Summit

Some CCC US-based members are currently at the OSS. Mike was in a panel (virtual):

https://osselc21.sched.com/event/lAUA/panel-discussion-evolving-the-confidential-computing-consortium-non-profit-collaboration-for-growth-stephen-walli-aeva-black-microsoft-mike-bursell-congruus

Enigma / Usenix

Results for Enigma will come on the 30th:

https://www.usenix.org/conference/enigma2021/call-for-participation

Cloud Security Alliance

Rolling CFP till 2021-December-31. Let's create a proposal in October/November.

https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/6e04faab-fd38-4df4-b2a3-2e2780b7c24b

  • axel
  • Ben
  • Mike
  • Nick
  • Shaun

Agenda

General discussion

Blog

Enarx's Blog is now live and the first drafts are being created. The final URL will be: http://blog.enarx.dev

CCC

The TAC has approved Enarx and other CCC projects to be part of the Outreachy program. Besides the benefits of the program itself, another benefit is bringing the CCC projects closer together to collaborate and grow their communities.

Outreachy

The Outreachy community application deadline was extended to September 17. Nick and Ashley will fill out the application on the 15th.

https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/15

https://www.outreachy.org/

Hacktoberfest

Hacktoberfest's website is now live. We are aiming to build simple demos on top of Enarx.

https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/14

https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

Events

Open Source Summit

Several CCC members will be presenting at the OSS, but participating will mostly be virtual. Mike will participate in a panel:

https://osselc21.sched.com/event/lAUA/panel-discussion-evolving-the-confidential-computing-consortium-non-profit-collaboration-for-growth-stephen-walli-aeva-black-microsoft-mike-bursell-congruus

Cloud Security Alliance

Rolling CFP till 2021-December-31. Let's create a proposal in October/November. https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/6e04faab-fd38-4df4-b2a3-2e2780b7c24b

Book

Mike announced his upcoming book Trust in Computer Systems and the Cloud with a chapter dedicated to Confidential Computing.

  • Nick
  • Shaun

Agenda

General discussion

Meetings

Thanks to axel, meetings are now using Jitsi so anyone can participate (no need to request access): https://meet.jit.si/EnarxOutreach

Blog

We'll likely be using Ghost as the blogging platform for Enarx. It's open source, based on Node.js, and has managed hosting. We also looked into WordPress - which is the "standard - but one key advantage of Ghost is that it provides native support for email newsletters. It manages members and subscriptions and allows you to segment the user base. Other advantages of Ghost include: a) native markdown support, b) a more minimalist approach, and c) a more modern architecture. It also provides webhooks and a REST API for integrations. By the next meeting, we should have the Enarx Blog up and running.

CCC

Ashley and Ben both added the Outreachy proposal to the agenda of the CCC Outreach and TAC meetings. The TAC will make a decision by September 9 (TAC's next meeting). The Outreachy community application deadline is September 10.

Outreachy

Nick and Shaun agreed that we should have the Outreachy application ready for both cases, where CCC supports us, or where we apply on our own as Enarx. https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/15

Hacktoberfest

We should start planning for Hacktoberfest, with a focus on building simple demos to demonstrate Enarx. Nick will work with Will next week to get this going: https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/14

Events

Enigma / Usenix

Proposal sent to Enigma successfully: https://www.usenix.org/conference/enigma2021/call-for-participation

Cloud Security Alliance

Rolling CFP till 2021-December-31. Let's create a proposal in October/November. https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/6e04faab-fd38-4df4-b2a3-2e2780b7c24b

Enarx Sticker Design

Added Enarx sticker design to the image assets. Who's traveling to Open Source Summit? Given COVID and the Delta variant, we don't think we'll make it. Should we send stickers to people anyways? To whom? Perhaps a marketing campaign to go along with the CCC Survey Report. https://github.com/enarx/enarx.github.io/tree/master/assets/images

2021-02-02

Present

Mike B
Adam
Ben
axel

Agenda

General discussion

Lots of events, meeting more industry people (or meeting again).

Events

TODO: announce these on LinkedIn, Twitter @fischsec @mikecamel @axelsimon

CCC Webinar

attendees?

  • 70 live questions
  • 2 people joining the chat after the event post-event views?

RSA

Mike has signed us up: https://www.rsaconference.com/experts/mike-bursell 3 talks and a panel! (no Hugh Grant, however)

Talks must be Mike + Nathaniel.

TODO:

Fosdem 2021

Talk submitted. TODO: can we bridge the matrix room for the TEE devroom to an Enarx rocket chat ad-hoc room? @axelsimon

DevConf

OC3

http://www.oc3.dev Want "deep dive" level folks / presentation

CCC news

  • Change of CCC Outreach Committee chair. Fortanix person.

2021-01-05

Present

Mike B
Shaun
Ben
axel

Agenda

General discussion

Current state of the project.

Axel: was contacted by a friend of a colleague, who came upon Enarx: it's popping up on people's radar, which is a good thing.

Events

New event: CCC webinar!

Contributors

The project needs more contributors. Presentations should focus on that.

2020-12-08

Present

Mike B
Shaun
axel
Ben

Agenda

Events

DevConf.cz

We have a booth and a session accepted!

Usenix

Consider submitting a proposal?

FOSDEM 2021

TEE devroom is happening, CFP: deadline 23rd of Dec 2020

Red Hat Summit 2021

Lily and Connor have a proposal in.

Confidential Computing Consortium

Slowing down for the holidays.

General Outreach Efforts

Linkedin

Mike published an update about the release of ciborium to the LinkedIn page. Axel will check with Mike D. on next step for the interviews.

2020-11-17

Present

Mike D
Shaun
axel

Agenda

Events

DevConf.cz

Waiting on further news.

Fosdem

Happening, virtual, TEE / "hardware aided computing" devroom should be happening. We are welcome to take part in it.

Confidential Computing Consortium updates

Asking for an Etherpad instance, idea being considered.

General outreach efforts

LinkedIn

Interviews: first one ready.
What's our process for proofreading them before publishing? We will usee simple Github issues for now and see how it goes..

Banner: LF graphics team will have a look at improving it.

Ben
Mike D
Mike B
Shaun
axel

Agenda

Events

DevConf.cz

Submitted: booth and tech talk

Fosdem

Is it happening? very much a "hallway track" event. Is there a devroom? last year, the hardware-assisted security one was where we should have been presenting. Is it happening this year? Should ConfC2 offer to make one? axel to reach out to Vasily to see if he's proposing a devroom this year. Ben to reach out to ConfC2 to see if they want to help with devroom, or propose one if Vasily is out. Deadline for devroom proposal is Oct 31. Time is tight.

TODO: axel to reach out to Vasily

OSS EU

Ongoing, very quiet.

Confidential Computing Consortium updates

TAC white paper

TAC white paper is now published: https://confidentialcomputing.io/confidential-computing-deep-dive-white-paper/

TODO: share paper on LinkedIn, Twitter.

Attestation work across the projects ongoing.

Webinar on the 10 (12?) November 2020, based on the analyst deck.

Market figures

Asking analysts to come up with numbers.

Elections

TAC and Outreach elections coming up.

General outreach efforts

LinkedIn

Interviews: first one getting ready.

Banner: will ask LF for some improvements to it.
TODO: axel to reach out to Stephano

2020-10-13

Present

Mike D
Mike B
Shaun
axel

Agenda

Events

DevConf.us

OSS EU

25 October. Booth, Mike B has signed up to staff it.
Enarx doesn't have a booth.

Confidential Computing Consortium updates

Work happening on the TAC white paper

Talking to a number of new projects to join as general members (Edgeless just joined)

Attestation work across the projects

General outreach efforts

Youtube

Videos added regularly to playlists and channel

LinkedIn

Need to keep the idea moving.
Mike D tested the waters with a small post reusing Mike's recent talk at Devconf.us to see who was interested.
Suggests doing more of that, using video contet we have. All agree.

Interviews: @axelsimon to finish @m-dombrowski's questions for the first interview.

Ben
Mike B.
Shaun
axel

Agenda

Events

RSA conference

Mike has answered: two talks, one Enarx-based.

DevConf US

Hopin.to so much better than things we've used before. Problem: people a bit bored of online conferences. Last slot in the day, so only US-based folks saw the talk. Good video, now published on YT. All in all, went rather well.

Future conferences

Ask to have polls asked on our behalf? ("Do you know Confidential Computing?")

OSS Europe (Dublin, 26 October)

No access to platform yet. Should have time to prepare. Timeslots not confirmed yet, will sign-up volunteers once we have them.

Confidential Computing Consortium

Outreach / Speaker Bureau

Creating group of staff and membership, with full bio. Work with TAC, to have technical profiles. List of topics.

Enarx short stories

Ongoing, Mike D. started a set of questions. Axel to be the first interviewee.

Enarx briefs

Mike: start by having a wiki in a good position and use that as the source.

Ben
Mike B.
Mike D.
Shaun
axel

Agenda

Events

RSA conference

Enarx should answer CFP, @mike_camel to do so.

OSS Europe

Approved, we have (signed) contract. ConfC2 panel template being worked on (by Aeva).

DevConf US

24/25th Sept, tech crowd Showing a cool new demo.

Confidential Computing Consortium

Motion to allow two companies from the same group of companies (ie: IBM & Red Hat) to join the ConfC2: defeated. There are still (understandable) concerns that this could lead to undue influence on the board. However, it also a sign that boards often have too much power over the organisations, even the ConfC2 board is designed to avoid this sort of problem.

Outreach / Speaker Bureau

A quote was accepted, the idea is now to start building the bureau, with several sub-groups. Not going with SpeakerHub for now, may do so later.

Ben
Mike D.
Mike B.
Shaun
axel

Agenda

House keeping

Move to meeting fortnightly?

  • yes

Use github issues to track tasks?

  • yes
    ACTION: @axelsimon to check with @mbestavros best way to do that

Events

OSS Europe

Waiting for news tomorrow.

Enarx short stories

LinkedIn etc.

ACTION: ensure Enarx organisation exists @axelsimon
ACTION: create an issue to track creation of set of questions @m-dombrowski
ACTION: create one issue per interviewee @m-dombrowski

Confidential Computing Consortium

Outreach bureau?

Quote was too high in Ben's opinion. More to come.

Mike D.
Ben
Shaun
Harald
axel

Agenda

OSS events

Public communication channel

We don't need our own Slack subscription, we can use the LF-provided one for OSS Europe.

Confidential C2

Speaker Bureau

Ben getting quote from Speakerhub. Good thing is people actually look for speakers on Speakerhub.

Action: create a Speakerhub (free), mention "confidential computing" in your profile.

Ben's proposal: let's start building a simple page (like LF Edge has). Start with leadership team, then go through communities.

New outreach whitepaper

Will be released very soon.

Website

Pages are being updated one at a time. Improve SEO by looking at analytics data.

Enarx short stories

LinkedIn etc.
Aim: Consistent, concerted voice. Work together with Twitter feed and website.

What focus?
Recruitment? Spotlight on website? Technical aspect?
Up until now, the goal has been to improve understanding of the core problem & encourage people to join the community.

  • (Recruitment) Present relatable human element of project to target audience on this social media platform. Team member interviews similar to RH Summit?
  • (Website spotlight) Link to appropriate landing page(s) to direct traffic.
  • (Technical highlights) Coordinate with team to highlight interesting aspects of project.

Possible format: "3 questions with…"

Formal representation

  • LinkedIn organisation (profile you can follow, adds credibility on platform)

Idea: have more ways to amplify the message

Ben
Mike B
Mike D
axel

Agenda

Open Source Summit

Slack channel considered useful, looking for a long-lived channel for conferences: using the LF-provided chat going forward.

Extra channel for the project

Linkedin: simple blog posts (~200W)
Twitter being used more, including on the Confidential C2

Direct Outreach

Confidential C2 Speaker Bureau

Ben working on a proposal, possibly using SpeakerHub.
Ideally 2 sections: more technical and more business

Red Hat

Getting better at telling a story around Enarx.
Work needed on Analyst Relations.

  • Ben
  • Mike
  • Nick
  • Shaun

Agenda

General discussion

Meetings

Let's move the meetings to Jitsi so anyone can participate (no need to request access): https://meet.jit.si/EnarxOutreach

Blog

Let's set up a blog for Enarx. Evaluating open source / SaaS options. Cross-promote blog entries (personal blogs and CCC).

CCC

How can we further collaborate with the CCC on some initiatives? Examples include Hacktoberfest and Outreachy.

Hacktoberfest

Start planning for Hacktoberfest: focus on building simple demos to demonstrate Enarx: https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/14

Outreachy

Start planning for Outreachy, a diversity initiative that provides paid, remote internships: https://github.com/enarx/outreach/issues/15

Events

Cloud Security Alliance

Rolling CFP till 2021-December-31: https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/6e04faab-fd38-4df4-b2a3-2e2780b7c24b

Enigma / Usenix

CFP till 2021-August-26: https://www.usenix.org/conference/enigma2021/call-for-participation

Enarx Sticker Design

Added Enarx sticker design to the image assets: https://github.com/enarx/enarx.github.io/tree/master/assets/images


Meeting Index

Nathaniel (briefly)
Ben
Shaun
axel

Agenda

Confidential C2

Chat platforms

More conversation regarding the most universal one for people to engage?

People leaning towards Slack, however RocketChat has some interesting advantages: direct and clean link to a room, don't need to sign-in to chat (ie: anonymous option)

Open Source Summit North America (OSS NA)

Discussing follow up: good stats on the booth, people interested in email news (uncommon)

Ben
Shaun
axel

Agenda

Next outreach target

  • Following recent success (Wasm running on SGX, kudos Daiki!) and conversations, the target is getting clearer.

Briefs: technical, business

  • Tech one first
  • Enarx team aware of it, will keep reminding to work on it

ConfidentialC2 website

  • How should it evolve?
  • Need for tool for better managing Twitter

Enarx Youtube account

  • Should get it verified

OSS NA

  • Follow-up with people who dropped by the ConfidentialC2 booth
  • Ben drafting an adopter journey (and not a customer journey, we are an open source project)

Present

  • Jyotsna
  • Lily
  • Mike
  • Shaun
  • axel

Agenda

Open Source Summit North America (OSS NA)

  • Reminder of the value of the conference and encouragement to attend
  • Reminder to sign-up to help staff the Confidential Computing Consortium virtual booth
  • Run through of Mike's slides for his and Nathaniel's talk at the event

Present

  • Shaun M
  • Ben F
  • axel s

Agenda

Open Source Summit North America (OSS NA)

  • Sign up to help hold the booth in this Google doc.
  • 6 sponsor passes available, Ben to distribute to those who sign up for most booth slots
  • a few question remain about videos, being sorted out

Youtube videos

2 playlists:

Briefs

Technical brief

document started: skeleton

Business brief

document started: skeleton


ACTIONS

ACTION: axel to check with Veronica (Red Hat) regarding the Enarx intro video for OSS NA booth
ACTION: everyone sign-up for slots for OSSΒ NA booth, Ben to share to the chat
ACTION: link with Mike re: technical brief

Present

  • Ben F
  • Mike D
  • Shaun M
  • axel s

Agenda

  • Next outreach target: must start conversation
  • Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America
    • Confidential Computing Consortium will have a booth
      • Focus on awareness? Projects? Both?
  • Ben: What is the right level at which to pitch information?
    • Mike: liked the slides that broke things down to an understandable level. Also, often people are looking for value, more than technical understanding: how can it resolve their issues.
    • So four things:
      • Videos (such as the Red Hat Summit 2020 interviews)
      • Presentations (slides)
      • Technical brief (~2 pages)
      • Business brief (same thing, but with a product marketing hat on: what does encryption mean to companies)

Actions

  • ACTION: start project conversation on next technical / outreach goal (axel)
  • ACTION: booth signup sheet (Ben)
  • ACTION: make the videos available for OSS NA (axel)
    • done
  • ACTION: make the slides available for OSS AN (axel)
    • done
  • ACTION: draft tech brief (Ben)
  • ACTION: draft business brief (Ben)

First fully public meeting, as we continue our efforts to make everything Enarx as open and transparent as possible.

Present

  • Mike B
  • Mike D
  • Shaun M
  • Ben F
  • axel s

Agenda

Next outreach target

We need to start a conversation, most likely on the chat at least for a start, regarding what we want to target next that would make sense in terms of outreach. At the last meeting, we mentioned the idea of an attack that would succeed without Enarx by fail when run against a workload in an Enarx Keep. However, we want to ensure we demonstrate useful features and code, rather than code just for a demo.